Paper Development Workshop
Tensions, Challenges, and Opportunities for Inclusion
DATE: 20-JANUARY 2020
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
BRUNEL BUSINESS SCHOOL | BRUNEL UNIVERSITY LONDON
KINGSTON LANE | ROOM: EASTERN GATEWAY BUILDING 209
UXBRIDGE | MIDDLESEX UB8 3PH | UK
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS: https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/finding-us
AMD and Brunel Business School, Brunel University London invite you to a unique opportunity for management scholars to develop their work for possible publication in AMD. During this workshop for the forthcoming special issue on Migration Management, participants will meet with AMD Editor Prof Peter Bamberger and three of the seven Guest Editors Dr Joana Vassilopoulou, Prof Dimitria Groutsis & Prof Mustafa Ozbilgin to discuss their preliminary work.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As space is limited, preference will be given first to those whose extended abstracts are being discussed in the roundtables. Additional spots will be allocated on the basis of first come, first served.
- Those who wish to have their paper ideas discussed should submit an extended abstract (between 5 and 10 pages of text) by *6-January 2020*
- The abstract should provide a synopsis of the research question, its relevance and significance, a statement relating to the limited ability of extant concepts and/or theory to provide a coherent response to that question, the empirical approach, and the implications of the findings for future theorizing.
- Extended abstracts should be about 5 – 10 pages, double spaced, excluding tables, figures and references.
- Those who wish to participate in the workshop without submitting a paper for review and discussion need only register (Select “Attending without submitting an abstract” on the form).
- Paper feedback sessions are open to all, but discussions will revolve around papers submitted and accepted for discussion at the workshop.
Submission Deadline: 6-JANUARY 2020.
Please note: Papers that are accepted to and developed through the workshop does not guarantee acceptance and publication in the AMD SI. These papers will need to go through the same peer review process as any AMD submission. However, it is our hope that the workshop experience will provide attendees with substantive feedback to improve their work.