Recently launched MSc in Accounting and Business Management is proving to be a hit with students looking to join the programme in Brunel Business School for the very first time September 2013 and January 2014, as applications are received from over 40 different countries in a very short period of time.
The Business School launched the programme in recognition of the fact that accounting information lies at the heart of management and is used by investors, business contacts, competitors and other external parties. The programme will benefit from the Accounting expertise in the School, as personified by Dr Jill Collis, and colleagues from the Accounting and Auditing Research Centre (AARC) in the School, who recently held the 3rd Brunel Accounting Symposium exploring the latest trends in the field.
This programme offers students an opportunity to:
- Develop an appreciation of the role of accounting within the overall function of management
- Acquire technical accounting skills and integrate theoretical and conceptual considerations with practice
- Evaluate the principles and theories that underpin accounting and management
- Critically reflect on the role of the main stakeholders and the influence of regulatory frameworks on accounting and management
- Develop analytical and problem solving abilities and apply them in making management decisions
- Review research on current issues in accounting and management and apply accepted research methods to investigate a specific research question independently
- Develop transferrable skills that will enhance employability.
Applications are open to join the MSc in September 2013 and January 2014. Visit the web course page for more information and full entry requirements.