Prof Amir Sharif and Prof Raymond Hackney have been invited to participate as judges in the prestigious European Business Awards. Judges are invited to participate in the competition based on their experience, business acumen and expertise and our Professors will contribute their knowledge to judging panels which include different nationalities and are well-versed in the cultural aspects of each of the finalists’ countries.
The Awards, started in 2007, “shine a light on the most innovative businesses on the continent by promoting success, innovation and ethics in the European business community” according to the official website. The Awards ceremony will take place in April 2014, with the first judging panel shortlisting entrants in July 2013.
The awards consider the contribution of over 15000 organisations from over 30 European nations and give awards in the following categories:
- The RSM Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Employer of the Year Award
- The Award for Customer Focus
- The Millicom Award for Environmental & Corporate Sustainability
- The Import/Export Award
- The BP Target Neutral Growth Strategy of the Year Award
- The Infosys Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €0-25m
- The Infosys Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €26-150m
- The Infosys Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €150m or higher
- The UKTI Award for Innovation