Professor Robin Jarvis, Head of SME Affairs, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Professor of Accounting in Brunel Business School, Brunel University has been appointment to an Advisory Review Panel set up by Business Minister for Wales Edwina Hart to establish whether High Street banks are meeting the funding needs of Welsh SMEs . Read more: Wales Online
Prof Jarvis is also a member of such Advisory Panels and Working Groups as:
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB): Advisory Panel on financial reporting by small and medium-sized entities and in emerging and transition economies 2003 -2009
- UK Treasury Working Group : access to finance for SMEs
- European Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG) – Supervisory Board, Member; Nominating Committee, and SME Working Group
- International Federations of Accountants (IFAC) – Small Medium Size Practices Committee. Chair SME Financial Reporting Task Force.
- UEAPME – Economic and Fiscal Committee
- Federation Des Experts Comptables Europeens -SME Working Party
- Council Member of the Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Professor Jarvis’s current research interests is the process of accounting standard setting, financial reporting for SMEs and Business Support provisions for SMEs.